Other Opportunities at MLB
MLB Mortgage is currently seeking multiple individuals for its operations department including:
- The primary purpose of a Closer is to manage the customer relationship through the closing process. This will include efficient use of our technology systems to apply proper closing and funding procedures for all types of first and second mortgages. The Closer will obtain essential documentation to accurately prepare closing documents and disburse funds in accordance with salability guidelines. The Closer must have knowledge of internal policies and procedures and adhere to requirements of secondary market sources (FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA, private investors, and all Home Equity products).
- The Loan Closer is expected to proactively create and maintain a close relationship with all parties involved in the mortgage transaction. Superior customer service is paramount to meet both internal and external expectations.
- The Closer works as part of a Team but is individually responsible to prioritize their own tasks to appropriately balance the position’s fulfillment demands. Adherence to established turn time, productivity and quality metrics is a requirement. The Loan Closer is to use independent judgment/decision-making to look at ways to improve the fulfillment process through information received from our customers.
- Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans.
- Reviews residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment.
- Recommends that loan not meeting standards be denied.
- Runs and/or reviews credit reports and calls/writes to employer to verify accuracy of information.
- Types loan application forms, using computer.
- Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal.
- Informs supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey.
- Submits application file for to Corporate Processor for underwriting approval.
- Types and mails approval and denial letters to applicants. Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied, using computer.
If you are interested in joining the MLB team, please fill out the Contact Form.
MLB Residential Lending is an EOE. MLB considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.